St. Brendan's Anglican Church
Saint Brendan’s will be a growing community of disciples empowered by the Holy Spirit, offering the love of Jesus to all, and bringing many to know, love and serve the Lord.
We, the members of St. Brendan's, will pray and apply our spiritual gifts to:
- Proclaim the Good News,
- Build the body of Christ, and
- Love and serve our community.
Who We Are and What We Know
- We know that St. Brendan’s Anglican Church is a community of Christian believers where all are welcome to come as they are - Jesus said: “For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners" (Matthew 9:13).
- We know that we all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
- We know if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and there is no health in us (1 John 1:8-9).
- We know that if we repent our sins are forgiven for “we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense--Jesus Christ, the Righteous One. He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:1-2).
- We know that we are justified only by God’s grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).
- We know that a sinner can be transformed, through Jesus, by the power of the Holy Spirit into His likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit (2 Corinthians 3:18). Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)!